Products & Services
Investments & Insurance
- Certificates of Deposit
- Money Market Savings Account
- Individual Retirement Accounts
- Mechanical Breakdown Insurance
- Guaranteed Auto Protection
- Credit Disability Insurance
- Credit Life Insurance
- MEMBERS Auto and Homeowners Program
Certificates of Deposit
Purchasing a fixed rate Certificate of Deposit (CD) allows higher earnings on larger account balances that are deposited for a specific, agreed upon time period. Various terms are available from 91 days to 60 months. Interest is accrued and compounded daily and you can choose when the dividend rate is to be paid - monthly, quarterly, semi-annually, annually or at maturity. Interest may be transferred to savings or checking, added to the balance or taken in a check. Check out our competitive CD rates.
Money Market Savings Account
Plus 4 Credit Union's Money Market Savings Account earns higher dividends than our regular Savings account by maintaining a minimum balance of $2,500. Dividends are earned daily and paid monthly.
Check out our competitive Money Market rates.
Individual Retirement Accounts
PLUS4 offers three types of tax-deferred Individual Retirement Accounts that will help you save now for a comfortable future.
The Traditional IRA may be opened by any individual who has earned income, and wishes to defer or eliminate the payment of taxes on income on funds set aside for retirement. Contributions to traditional IRA's may be made if you are 70 ˝ years of age and under
The Roth IRA contributions are never tax-deductible. Instead, you pay taxes on your money before you put it into your Roth IRA. But you may avoid owing income taxes on the funds at withdrawal (certain limits apply).
The Educational IRA is a great way to save for a child's education. Non-deductible contributions up to $500 may be made to each child's account annually. Withdrawals used to pay for qualified higher education expenses are generally tax-free and not subject to a 10% IRS penalty for early withdrawal.
Keep yourself covered
As a member of Plus 4 Credit Union, you can take advantage of affordable insurance and vehicle warranty programs that will keep you and your family covered. Peace of mind and added security - That's what you get with our special Auto Warranty Services, Credit Disability and Credit Life Insurance plans.
Whether you own a new or used vehicle, as a member with PLUS4 financing you can take advantage of this valuable Mechanical Breakdown Warranty Protection. Plus, auto repairs are covered by your choice of mechanic.
Items covered include these component parts: engine, transmission, drive axle assembly, front and rear suspension, steering, air conditioning, brakes, electrical, and interior/exterior appointment group component parts - essentially all the parts that are the most expensive to repair.
Just look at all the other benefits included:
- Towing - up to $75 per covered MBI
- Rental Car benefits - $35 a day per covered MBI.
- Trip interruption benefits - up to $225 (3 days at $75 per day for food and lodging)
- Tire protection - up to $125 per breakdown or $500 aggregate
- The deductible is low - $0 to $200. Warranty protection can be built into your loan document or may be purchased for cash at loan closing.
GAP - Guaranteed Auto Protection plan provides coverage for the difference (GAP) between the actual cash value and the loan balance of new or used autos in the event of loss. Designed to eliminate unpaid loan balance in the event your auto is stolen or damaged beyond repair, portions not covered by proceeds from primary insurance are covered.
The affordable premium can be included in your loan payment, on new or refinanaced loans, This extra protection is available for new, used, private passenger autos and light duty trucks.
In the event of a disability, peace of mind is yours when you borrow money from the credit union with Credit Disability Insurance. If you're ever totally disabled by a covered sickness or accident, payment is made to the credit union to reduce or pay off a loan.
An affordable plan, the premium is usually only a few cents per $100 of your loan ($2.13/1000). The premium can be built into your loan payments, or added to loan payments. You'll get 60 month total coverage, multiple loan coverage and claim payment notification. All members under the age of 66 and working 40 hours a week are eligible.
Credit Life Insurance policy protects your family by making a payment to the credit union to reduce or payoff a loan in the event of death. If payments are more than debt, the difference is paid to your beneficiary. Members borrowing money from the credit union age 18 or older, but not past the age of 70, are eligible.
Like Credit Disability Insurance, your premium is usually only a few cents on every $100 balance of your loan, and can be included in or added to your loan payment. Multiple loan coverage is available (up to $50,000 maximum aggregate benefit) and if loan is repaid early you have no worries, single premiums are refunded.
The products offered:
- are not federally insured;
- are not obligations of the credit union;
- are not guaranteed by the credit union or any affiliated entity;
- involve investment risks, including the possible loss of principal; and
- if applicable, are being offered by a employee who serves both functions of accepting members’ deposits and the selling of nondeposit products.
MEMBERS® Auto and Homeowners Program
You trust Plus4 Credit Union to provide you and your family with quality products and services to meet your financial needs. We've joined with a dedicated team of insurance professionals to bring you the MEMBERS® Auto and Homeowners Insurance Program.
- MEMBERS Auto and Homeowners is the property and casualty coverage solution preferred by the most credit unions and their members.
- Convenient e-service, pay your bill or make changes to your policy, even report a claim.
- Receive fast, easy access to claims service 24-hours a day.
- Obtain a free no obligation quote or locate an agent at the local Liberty Mutual sales office.
The MEMBERS Auto & Home Insurance Program is underwritten by leading insurance companies, including Liberty Mutual Insurance Company and its affiliates, 175 Berkeley Street, Boston, MA. The insurance offered is not a deposit and is not federally insured or guaranteed by your credit union.